Those with a mystic heart be blessed! The path of the Craft is not for all but it turns away none. So much of who we are and what we believe has been misunderstood and twisted for so many years. A way of peace of great knowledge is ahead of you now that you have chosen to read my words. Will you choose to listen?

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tarot and my journey with them so far.

I have not been reading tarot cards that long as many have though I am coming to a new relationship with them. When I was making the decision to begin my journey as a Witch I knew I always found tarot cards fascinating though they seriously terrified me. Don't forget that I am Catholic and at that point my faith convinced me that tarot told the future and telling the future was against everything I had been taught until that point. I went and found this little joint that was a flee market in a bad part of Toledo, Ohio where I was living at the time. I walked into this building where on the outside it looked like it could be condemned and on the inside I was expecting to find homeless people and swindlers. What I found what not the cleanest place in the world although it was people simply trying to make a living how they could. I found this booth that sold pagan items (mostly for Witches). I met the gentleman there and it was obvious that this was a place that I seemed out of place in. You see I was a Catholic girl from a clean cut Irish/German Catholic family and to be at that booth  was not something one would ever imagine of me. I talked to the gentleman a bit and asked about the decks and about any books to start my path in Witchcraft with. He pointed out a few and I took them. What Ill never forget though is that feeling of anxiousness I had deciding to pick up my deck of cards from the bottom of the shelf and say to the gentleman that they were the ones I wanted. That day I also bought a pendulum, something I also deeply looked forward to learning. I remember going home and opening up the tarot deck of the Faery Wicca cards and their beautiful celtic artwork. I was sooo terrified that the moment I opened the deck I would literally condemn myself to hell and be banished from God. I took a chance anyways and opened the deck with a nervous heart. I skimmed through the deck to view the pictures and colors. I was filled with wonderful delight. I began to read the book page after page and feeling anxious to take everything in. I spent night after night laying down card after card with different thoughts and questions in my mind and finding the relationships with the cards to the questions. Its been a good 6 months now since I began my journey with the deck and I have not bought another. I am sitting here again laying card after card down and realizing that these cards are indeed showing me my own journey. They are revealing to me my journey of finding the wisdom within myself. What an amazing feeling as I lay the cards down how each picture speak a different though connecting truth to me. I am realizing that the fear is all gone of these cards. 
The truth about the tarot cards is this. They do not tell the future. They instead reveal what the possible future could be if one continues on the path they are on. The cards reveal your true self right there in front of you. They are the mirror you look at yourself with. They show you what you need to know about yourself. Their lay out or order is determined by the thoughts you have while shuffling them. They are indeed a beautiful revelation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment